José Miguel Hidalgo Herrador
Summary Institutes/universities attend and attending:
- University of Córdoba (Spain):
- 1996-2005: BSc, MSc, PhD
- 2007-2009: (spin-off “Seneca Green Catalyst” / production of biofuels and catalysts).
- Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry AS CR, v.v.i. (Czech Republic):
- 2006-2007: Postdoctoral position.
- Koh-i-Noor Hardtmuth (Czech Republic):
- 2009-2011: Research and Development position.
- Unipetrol Research Centre of Research and Education (Czech Republic)
- 2011-current position: Researcher.
Your current job/employment/research:
- Key Researcher in NPU project code LO1606 supported by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the Czech Republic. Studying the catalytic hydrocracking of petroleum residues and liquid waste bioresources.
- Senior Researcher collaborating in the European project 709493 (Programme RFCS) supported by the Research Fund for Coal and Steel. “Direct Primary Coal Liquefaction via an Innovative Co-processing Approach with Waste and Petroleum Feedstocks”.
- Senior Researcher of the project reg. no. P106/15-19780S supported by the Czech Science Foundation GA CR. Study of the active centres of supported vanadium catalysts for the selective oxidation of ethanol.
Research carried out at UniCRE:
During the period 2011-2015 José Miguel Hidalgo Herrador was the leader of the project FR TI3 / 316 in which a research work about the isomerization of C5-C6 paraffins was carried out. Also, 3 Institutional (Czech Republic) and one commercial project were carried out. The results have been reflected in several publications in impact journals, conference papers, one prototype, one verified technology, four functional specimens and two utility models.
- The three most relevant publications (period 2011-2015, in UNICRE):
- J. M. Hidalgo, D. Kaucký, O. Bortnovsky, R. Černýa and Z. Sobalík, “From laboratory catalysts to a new prototype: a novel real candidate for the isomerization of C5–C6 paraffins”, RSC Adv., 2015, 5, 56625-56628
- J. M. Hidalgo, A. Pineda, R. Arancon, R. Černý, M. Climent, A. A. Romero, R. Luque, “Continuous-Flow Hydroisomerization of C5–C7 Alkanes Using Mechanochemically Synthesized Supported Pt and Pd–SBA-15 Materials”, J. Flow Chem., 2015, 5(1), 11-16
- A. Yepez, J. M. Hidalgo, A. Pineda, R. Černý, P. Jíša, A. Garcia, A. A. Romero and R. Luque, “Mechanistic insights into the hydroconversion of cinnamaldehyde using mechanochemically-synthesized Pd/Al-SBA-15 catalysts”, Green Chem., 2015, 17, 565-572
- The most recent publications (2016):
- J.M. Hidalgo, Z. Tišler, D. Kubička, K. Raabova, R. Bulanek, “(V)/Hydrotalcite,(V)/Al2O3,(V)/TiO2 and (V)/SBA-15 catalysts for the partial oxidation of ethanol to acetaldehyde”, Journal of Molecular Catalysis A: Chemical, 2016, 420, 178-189
- D. Kaucký, Z. Sobalík, J.M. Hidalgo, R. Černý, O. Bortnovský, “Impact of dopant metal ions in the framework of parent zirconia on the n-heptane isomerization activity of the Pt/WO 3-ZrO 2 catalysts”, Journal of Molecular Catalysis A: Chemical, 2016, 420, 107-114
- More details about the research work of José M. Hidalgo are reflected in google scholar (http://scholar.google.es/citations?user=7DqfdpwAAAAJ&hl=es) and also in the webs of ResearchGate or Linkedin.
- During 2015, in collaboration with the University of Córdoba (Spain), Dr. José M. Hidalgo was taking part in a court of a PhD thesis defense. He was co-director of one PhD thesis in collaboration with the University of Córdoba (2016). Several lectures and posters were presented in conferences such as ICCT (Czech Republic), TOCAT7 (Japan), 17th IZC (Russia), etc.
Valuable skills and experience gained from working with UniCRE:
Five years from 2011 to 2016 supposed an improvement in the knowledge in heterogeneous catalysis (theory and practice using lab and bench-scale reactors) and refining processes. Also, the contact with Czech and foreign people enriched the social-scientific life doing possible national and international collaborations for developing and prepare new projects.